Benefits of the Program
Students benefit by:
- Receiving the support and guidance of a caring adult.
- Receiving assistance with academic endeavors.
- Experiencing greater self-esteem and motivation to succeed.
- Receiving encouragement to stay in school and graduate.
- Receiving encouragement to avoid the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Improving interpersonal relationships, such as with teachers and family.
- Receiving assistance in choosing a career path.
Adult mentors benefit by:
- Increasing their involvement in the community.
- Recognizing they can make a difference.
- Making a new friend.
- Gaining new experience and knowledge about youth and the community’s schools.
- Contribute to the quality of the future workforce.
Business and Organizations benefit by:
- Fostering good community relations.
- Contributing to the quality of the future workforce.
- Improving employee morale.
- Enhancing employee skills.
Schools benefit by:
- Improving student performance.
- Improving student attendance.
- Increasing student retention.